We are delighted that you are considering applying for a place at our academy

Outwood Grange Academies Trust is the admission authority for the academy and is responsible for determining its admission arrangements. The Trust has determined that all admissions will be co-ordinated through the Local Authority’s co-ordinated admission arrangements.

Applications for places at the Academy will, therefore, need to be made in accordance with the statutory Admission Code and will be made on the Common Application Form provided and administered by the Local Authority on behalf of Outwood Grange Academies Trust.

The Authority has determined co-ordinated admission schemes as required by law for the next academic year. This means that a parent completes the Common Application Form expressing up to three preferences and the Authority liaises with schools and other local authorities on their behalf. The Local Authority will inform the parent of the outcome of their application, including the reason for the refusal and information on the appeals process if a place if refused at any of their preferred schools.

The Local Authority will communicate the outcome of individual applications to parents on the Academy’s behalf on the national offer day.

Please call 01924 306 052 for more information or you can apply online here * Secondary school places – Wakefield Council Online

Our recent admissions policy 2022/23 can be found by clicking here
Admissions policy for 2021/22 can be found by clicking here
Previous Admissions Policy for 2020/21 can be found by clicking here

Any parent wishing to consider the academy for their child can contact the academy for an appointment with the Principal to look around.

Changing Schools – Transfers and Mid-Year Applications

A mid-year application is normally made due to a change in your child’s address. Sometimes it can be because your child is having difficulties at their current school. To make a mid-year application for a place at Outwood Academy City Fields, you must use a Wakefield admissions form.

Before you stop your child attending their current school, you must wait for confirmation that the school you want them to move to can offer them a place.

If your child is having problems at school, please tell the Principal immediately; they may be able to sort the problems out.

If your child is in Year 10 or 11, moving them to another school can be difficult and should be discouraged; if they are studying for GCSEs, the new school may not be able to offer them the same GCSE courses they have been studying.