The careers education and guidance programme at Outwood Academy City Fields seeks to positively support students to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work.
We are currently working with an external provider:
CareersInc is an external, independent and impartial careers guidance service who will support you to aim high in your career goals and aspirations.
Students at Outwood Academy City Fields are entitled to a careers education and guidance programme which:
- is personal to students and always puts students interests first
- motivates and inspires students to consider all opportunities both within and outside Outwood Academy City Fields
- helps students to gain the skills they need to make their career ambitions a reality
- provides the support students need to be successful
- helps students access any additional support they might need
- is delivered by trained and qualified teachers and advisers, with up-to-date knowledge and
understanding of career pathways and local labour market information
- protects and respects students personal information and shares it only with their consent
Together with staff from CareersInc we will support the career development in a number of ways including:
- information and discussion in lessons and assemblies to help students make decisions about your future
- activities and events such as careers fairs
- access to career advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, guided pathway planning and results days
- careers information and IT based careers programmes
- information and updates on notice boards, plasma screens and websites
Students can access careers information in many ways at Outwood Academy City Fields including:
- Attending an interview in the careers room located next to the Student Information Desk (these can be booked through learning managers)
- Drop in sessions with Career Inc advisors on Wednesdays at break and lunchtimes in our Careers Cafe (located in the new building adjacent to the dining hall). Careers advisors also run enrichment sessions every Wednesday from 2.30pm – 3.30pm which is open to every student in the academy.
- The use of careers software CASCAID which is available to all students
- Completing a careers question card which will then be answered by Careers Inc staff
- Dedicated VMG careers ambassadors
- Careers takes over the curriculum, coming soon.